Friday 15 October 2021

6th October Games

 Greetings all


A bit thin on the ground again last night. Dave K, Steve S and Mark played Zmobicide (sadly Dave had mislaid his copy of Hordes Of The Things rules which had been the preferred game - but any game is better than none), while I hosted Matt's recently completed 28mm ACW collection, supported by my own growing CSA force to play Rebels and Patriots in a scenario from Neil Thomas' One Hour Wargames book, which I christened the Battle of Bryson's Crossroads in honour of our late member Laurie. I think he would have liked this game.

Due to my usual lousy dice rolling, and my suggestions for the Confederate deployment, the South lost on this occasion. The objective for both sides was to control a hill and the crossroads. Matt had the hill in the Union deployment area and was on the verge of overrunning the crossroads when time was called. I will, of course, be most horribly avenged in due course. . .


Next week, I'll run an ACW naval game using my 1/600 ships, while Dave K will run a Mad Dogs with Guns gangster game.

No comments:

Post a Comment