Sunday 24 June 2018

20th June Games

Greetings

A better turnout last night. Thanks to Dave K for running a Bolt Action WW2 game for the bulk of those in attendance; Chris, Steve H and I played a further game of The Men Who Would Be Kings using our respective Egyptian and British forces. The scenario required the British to execute a 'strategic withdrawal' (according to The Times at least) across the board in the face of Egyptian attempts to stop this. Given that the Egyptian forces are considered under the rules to be far inferior to the British (not necessarily the case I might add), they gave the British a hard time, particularly given that the British decided to stand their ground until their CO was killed when they finally deigned to join the withdrawal! No much to report on the WW2 game other than to report that it was apparently a hard fought game.

Andy P has advised me that his radio hamateur group (I think that was what he called it) have asked if the club would like to present a game at either Tilbury Fort or Coalhouse Fort later this summer as part of a display. I think that the Big Tanks game might suit this, but would welcome comment from anyone interested

I hope to place the order for club badges shortly as discussed at the AGM. Once these arrive I'll distribute some.

I have been advised by the Essex Warriors that although they will not be holding their Open Day this year, they are hosting A Writtle bit of Lard - a day of Too Fat Lardies games, which will be graced by the presence of Richard Clark himself. Although their is a charge of £3 for attendees, I have been told that SEEMs members will not be liable for this charge due to our longstanding support of the Open Day. A nice gesture which I think we might take up. Anyone thinking of attending, please let me know and I'll advise the Warriors.

Bob has offered to run a Necromunda game, whilst Dave K will run Mad Dogs with Guns.

See yer soon

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment