Friday 11 August 2023

9th August Games

We had a whole row to ourselves this week! Three games were running – Frostgrave with Rob, Alan and a friend, Andy P, Mark and Steve S with a Lord of the Rings inspired assault on a Rohirrim fort (?Helm’s Deep?) by a whole horde of marauding Uruk-Hai, and my play test of my DBA inspired ECW rules for the WoFun figures I acquired a while back. 

I’ll confine myself to comments on the last of these as I was umpiring while Dave K, Steve H, Paul and Eddie commanded the Royalist and Parliamentarian forces. Increased movement and firing ranges were an improvement, but some tweaks concerning the use of cover, effects of disorganised movement through the same, group movement and firing priorities are required before a further game. Casualties were light before the Royalists came to hand strokes with the Parliamentarians, and just edged a win in the last move by forcing the latter to a loss of one third of their forces. The game went well for the most part other than the points mentioned, which is always to be expected in a play test. I’ll make the necessary adjustments and email copies to the players for their comments asap.





Next week, Andy P will run a Samurai game, while I’ve offered to run a WW2 air combat game with Angels 20.  

 

See yer soon,

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment