Friday 19 January 2024

17th January Games

We had a good turnout last night; Wayland Games was hosting Dave from MiniWargaming and his team (from a YouTube channel) and he was kind enough to drop by and check out our games. Mark, Dave K, Steve S and Eddie were playing a SWAT team game umpired by Mark, Rob, Andy and friends were playing dead Man’s Hand, while I ran a Napoleonic naval game for Mike C, Steve H and Nigel (whose first game this was). We deployed the squadrons on a table edge by dice roll, then decided wind direction – which promptly gave Steve and Nigel as the French the benefit of the weather gauge. This is a bad thing if you are downwind (as Mike and I were), and we were soundly beaten as a result. Nigel managed to damage our ships with some devastating stern rakes which took half the force out in two moves. My flagship received the same benefit from Steve, and should have been destroyed but was in any case forced to strike its colours. That said I was pleased to see the others enjoy themselves, while I await my court martial............. 




 

Next week, I’ll provide figures and a terrain mat for a Dead Man’s Hand game, whilst the Steves will try the Ronin samurai skirmish game.

 

See yer soon,

Neil 

No comments:

Post a Comment