Friday 26 January 2024

24th January Games

Another good turnout last night; Andy P hosted Alan, Nigel and myself in a Dead Man’s Hand Western gunfight game, while Steves H and S ran a Ronin Japanese skirmish for Dave K, Mark and Eddie. The latter was intended as a trial of a set of rules published by Osprey some time back. I don’t know how it went but given I have already got figures for the period , feedback would be gratefully received.



Meanwhile, Nigel and I ran a team of Mexican bandidos and assorted other ne’er-do-wells against the most recent version of the Magnificent Seven (i.e. no Yul Brynner, but Denzel Washington in his place? Yeah, I know....). Initially, we struggled against Andy and Alan who have played more regularly and knew how best to play the hand of cards they held to frustrate our plans. I eventually got my dice to behave and threw three natural 20’s in succession on a D20, thereby sending three of their men direct to Boot Hill! I have pictures of the dice as proof, as no-one will believe me otherwise. 


 


Next week, the Steves intend to play Strontium Dogs (from the 2000 AD comic universe), and I’ll run some WW2 aerial action for anyone interested.

 

See yer soon,

Neil    

No comments:

Post a Comment