Friday 17 November 2023

15th November Games

Good turnout but we were spread around Wayland last night. Dave K, Steve S, Paul, Eddie Andy P and Mark played Here’s Negan; not sure of the outcome but it was probably messy and involved lots of zombies. Alan and Rob played Dystopian Wars naval; Alan’s dice were not his friends and it almost ended in tears. Steve H and I played a further Dark Ages Lion Rampant game, this time playing The Fugitive scenario. My Norse had to rescue a VIV (Very Important Viking) who had escaped Anglo-Saxon custody and was reported to be hiding in one of six different areas of rough terrain on the table. All I had to do was enter said areas, roll a d6 needing a score of 6 reducing by 1 for every area checked that was unoccupied. How hard could it be?

Very, as it turned out. My dice went on strike for searches and movement, combat rolls were ok but with time running out and the remaining areas behind Anglo-Saxon lines, I made one last all out attack with my leader’s unit against Steve’s commander; we both lost one figure in the combat....then I rolled a double one for the Courage test. The cloud of dust left by my leader ‘retiring’ is still settling. A deserved win for Steve, but great fun for both of us. 





Next week Dave K is hosting a Bolt Action game, and I’ll bring my WoFun ECW collection for a further test of the DBA derived rules I’ve been working on.

 

See yer soon,

Neil    

No comments:

Post a Comment