Thursday 23 November 2023

22rnd November Games

We were down on numbers again last night; Dave K ran a Bolt Action games for Mark, Andy P and Steve S, with some armour turning up; a Panther for the Germans and a Sherman for the US forces. No apparent arguments so they must be getting the hang of the rules.


 

Rob and Alan were engaged in separate Blood Bowl games nearby. Rob reportedly lost his game but was able to ‘beat up some Orks’ as he advised me. Alan was playing against Skinks but no details of the result have reached me as yet.


 

Steve H and I were engaged in a further play test of my DBA derived ECW rules, using my collection of WoFun flat figures. I’d made a number of alterations to the rules following our last game, and we were also using sub commanders as well as a commander in chief to give some extra flexibility. Steve drew the Royalists for his force, so I found myself in the position of being right but repulsive on ‘1066 and All That’ terms as the forces of Parliament. We fought to a bloody but honourable draw (although Steve took out a couple of my infantry units in the last move to have a slightly higher kill rate than myself), but overall the changes and use of sub commanders speeded up the game considerably.


 

I probably won’t be down next week due to family commitments, but there is a further Bolt Action game arranged.

 

See yer soon,

Neil

 

No comments:

Post a Comment