Sunday 16 September 2012

12th September Games

Reasonable attendance levels this week; thanks to Andrew for his Pirates game - this generated high noise levels (which 'drowned out' the downpour outside!), so it must have been successful. I was able to run a low level Space Hulk game for the benefit of Chris, Dave Kightly and David 'Stealer' Crook - love the chittering, Dave. Sadly, the Emperor's finest were unable to achieve their objective this time.

Next week, Mark and Dave K are offering to run a play test for a set of Dark Ages skirmish rules they have been working on; figures are in short supply, so if anybody has some single based Saxons or Vikings, could they please bring them along? I have it in mind to try an Angels 20 Russian vs. Japanese game for the delectation of those interested, by way of a warm up for the Essex Warriors Open Day on the 30th.

In other news - Chris, Dave K and I have been discussing the SELWG zombie game, with a view to deciding what is required to present the game to a high standard.If anybody has ideas, or items we might use in the game, speak to myself or Dave please.
 
It is my sad duty to inform you that the Caliver shop in Leigh closed its doors today for what appears to be the final time. There is no news regarding the future use of the premises, but I shall pass on anything I hear.

See yer soon,
Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment