Thursday 8 August 2019

7th August Games

Greetings

Numbers down again due to holidays etc but we were able to put on two games this week. Mark ran his Lord of the Rings game with his Rohirrim and Rob's Wildlings (from another more recent TV series involving games and thrones), masquerading as Dunlanders on this occasion. I am unable to report on this game as I was introducing Matt to the joys of World War 1 naval combat, using the Line Ahead rules I found a few years back. My Austro-Hungarian and Italian dreadnought fleets clashed for the first time in a looooong while and it seems the work paid off as Matt enjoyed the game and picked up the rules very quickly. We inflicted damage to each other's fleets but there was no outright victor at close of play, rather like the real thing.



Next week, Andy P has asked if we could play test a set of sci-fi rules he is working on. I've agreed to bring along my 1/600 ACW naval ships for some water-based dodgems mayhem.

See yer soon

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment