Monday 22 April 2024

17th April Games

We had four different games running last Wednesday night; Rob and Alan were playing Marvel Crisis Protocol (details of the factions were vague, but I did note the God of Thunder in one part of the table), Andy P ran a Wild West version of Zombiecide for Mark, Eddie and Dave K, Steves S & H were playing Achtung Cthulhu!, while Nigel and I tried out a low level SF skirmish set called Space Weirdos.   
No specific reports on the first three games, other than they were enjoyed by all involved. Nigel had supplied the few figures and stat sheets required, we borrowed some SF buildings from Wayland and I brought a suitable mat from my collection. The rules are pretty simple once you have the sequence of actions clear in your mind, and the game was great ‘cinematic’ fun, with Nigel’s space barbarians attacking my armoured Marine types. Firepower (and a commander with a jet pack!) proved to be the key to success, and Nigel’s command was removed from the gene pool within a relatively short period. I can see a future for these rules once we have some further play tests.




 
Next week, Dave K is running a Dragon Rampant game using his Game of Thrones collection. I’ve been asked to run a Dark Ages Lion Rampant game. I’ll be in touch if I’m unable to attend due to personal health etc.
 
See yer soon,
Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment