Friday 9 August 2024

7th August Games

We were down to two games this week; I ran a Wings of Glory WW1 aerial games for Steve H and Andy P, and Nigel umpired a Space Weirdos game for Steve S, Mark, Dave K and Eddie. Nigel was umpiring a four way skirmish with players not entirely familiar with the rules and therefore liable to 'creative' interpretation thereof. Everyone enjoyed themselves, and I think Nigel will be off the medication by next week with luck........

My game which I set in 1916, pitted two French Nieuport 11 scouts against two German Halberstadt DII scouts. I 'flew' the Nieuports while Andy and Steve took the Halberstadts. This was the first game I'd used the former and I found them to be very nippy and manoeuvrable but less durable than the German fighters. The end result was one aircraft each shot down (soz again Steve!), the remaining aircraft both damaged but mine carrying more damage and therefore heading for home. A good game with lots of manoeuvring, more to come.



Next week Steve H has offered to run a new fantasy car racing game he's just received, and I'll bring some backup for good measure.

See yer soon,
Neil     

No comments:

Post a Comment