Monday 23 July 2018

18th July Games

Greetings

A return to wargaming after the World Cup found us still a bit low on numbers, but since we're into the holiday season, I'm not surprised. I ran the Space Hulk game originally planned for last week (for those owning the current edition of the game, it was the Beach Head scenario). Suffice to say the Deathwing had an off day and had their shiny metal behinds handed to them by the 'stealers.

Next week, Mark has offered to run his Retro Raygun 1950's style sci-fi game (no Ed Wood films? Plan 9 From Outer Space anyone?) - I'm reading a lot on ACW ahead of a new Osprey rules set promised for next year, so I'll bring Battlecry as a backup game.

While I think of it, I have arranged with the SELWG club to run a Napoleonic naval game at the Crystal Palace show on 21/10/18. The game in question hasn't been out on the circuit for about 4 years, and given the sate it seems to be a natural choice. A bit of work needs to be done on the display material but other than that it's ready to roll.

See yer soon

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment