Thursday 10 November 2022

9th November Games

Slightly reduced numbers played The Walking Dead last night; Dave K, Mark, Andy P and Steve S all participated. I bought Battle Cry as previously arranged. Matt and Steve H played the Fredericksburg scenario (which those with knowledge of the ACW will recall involved Union forced advancing across open ground towards an entrenched Confederate position, suffering enormous casualties in the process). As with all Richard Borg games, action is controlled by a hand of action cards, which may or may not allow one to pursue desired plans. The trick is to make the best of the hand and hope it doesn't turn into a foot, or an appendix, or a bowel. You get the picture.

Steve won the first game (Matt hadn't played before and now wants a copy himself!) by attrition on the Confederate right flank, and declining to attack the main position. I then took over the Confederates for a second game. I was doing a reasonably with Steve one victory point up on me when time ran out, but I think I might have held out in the end.



Plans for next week revolve around one of the Zombicide games which I have a yen to try again. Steve S and H have copies which hopefully can located in good time.

See yer soon

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment