Monday 15 August 2022

10th August Games

We were spread far and wide last night; Bob ran a boardgame based on the Aliens movie for the benefit of Steve S, Andy P, Dave K and Steve H; I believe it didn't go well for the Marines . . . 


Rob and Alan were engaged in Warcry games with varying degrees of success.



I had a chance to join Mike and Steve B in a Lion Rampant game, but using Mike's collection of Late Roman and Goths in a game based loosely on the Battle of Adrianople which the original Roman Commander lost in spectacular style. I was offered command of the Roman forces and discovered that after last week's dice disaster my mojo put in an appearance again. Suffice to say the legions and their auxilia moved forward in impressive style, holding off Gothic cavalry attacks on both wings and pushing their infantry back by the time that time ran out. I was impressed by the way massed 15mm figures on a single base add to the impression of unit size; I'm considering changing my name to Marcus Decimus Meridius in the meantime.

Next week Bob has been asked to run the Aliens game again. Mike and I intend to run a Wars of the Roses game loosely based on Towton 1461 ahead of a weekend game at my place shortly thereafter. I've finished a massive refurbishment of my old collection in advance of this game and am looking forward to seeing them on the table again.

See yer soon

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment